- Billionaire investor George Soros’s $26 billion hedge fund is planning to trade cryptocurrencies as per Bloomberg. Interestingly, in January Soros had described cryptocurrency is a "typical bubble."
- Popular cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase is launching a vehicle for early-stage investments called Coinbase Ventures.
- CoinGate, the Lithuania-based blockchain payment gateway has collaborated with an open-source e-commerce platform, PrestaShop based in Paris, France. This tie-up will allow many online merchants to accept digital currencies as a payment mode.
- Cryptocurrency exchange Gemini said Monday that it will roll out block trading for bitcoin and ether starting later this week. This feature will allow customers to make high-volume trades that won't appear in the exchange's order book until they've been filled.
- Bitcoin is proving to be the new stock market indicator, influential investor Jeffrey Gundlach said on Monday, adding that this is hardly just a "gut feeling" given the recent price movements.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is considering a rule change that may allow bitcoin ETFs to be listed on exchanges. According to a document posted on the SEC website, the agency has begun the process to approve or disapprove a change in its rules that allows two bitcoin ETFs - Proshares Bitcoin ETFs and Proshares Short Bitcoin ETFs – to be listed on the NYSE Arca exchange.
- Fundstrat’s Tom Lee has predicted a “massive outflow” of cryptocurrency to fiat in the lead up to tax day in the US, CNBC reports. According to Lee, “historical estimates are each $1 of USD outflow is $20-$25 impact on crypto market value.”
- The first user mobile wallet built for the Bitcoin’s Lightning Network (LN) was launched recently. Eclair wallet, released by technology startup ACINQ, is available for Android users from the Google Play Store.
- With Bitcoin’s prices crashing below $7,000-mark, global financial services major Bank of America says that the greatest bubble in history is popping.
- Billionaire Shark Tank personality Mark Cuban said that he sees “gold and Bitcoin as being the same thing”. Based on his opinion, since neither Bitcoin or gold were viable forms of currency, they lacked sufficient utility to necessitate value.
The Central Bank of Taiwan is eyeing new rules that would br
https://www.coindesk.com/taiwan-central-bank-proposes-money-laundering-rules-for-bitcoin/ing bitcoin under the island's existing anti-money laundering regulations.
Bitcoin Weekly Review
Trading CFDs carries risk and could result in the loss of your deposit, please trade wisely. Read full Risk Disclosure.
Trading CFDs in Cryptocurrencies carries significant risk of loss of all invested amounts. Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile instruments. Please read the Investment Services Agreement clauses 17.3-17.6 to fully understand the additional risks associated with trading CFDs in Cryptocurrencies.