CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 67% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
The Preferential Choice for Professional Traders
As an elective professional trader with a Markets.com professional account you are able to access a range of unique advantages, such as increased leverage, preferential trading conditions and your own dedicated personal account manager.
Unique Trading Conditions
Because professional traders have more skill and experience than retail clients, they are not subject to recent regulatory product interventions.
|Leverage Limits & Margin Rates|
|Major FX Pairs||300:1|
Am I Eligible to Become a Pro Trader?
To become a professional trader with Markets.com, you must fulfil at least 2 of the below criteria:
- The size of your financial instrument portfolio, including cash deposits, exceeds €500,000.
- You work or have previously worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position.
- You have carried out transactions, in significant size, on the relevant market at an average frequency of 10 per quarter over the previous 4 quarters.
As an elective professional you may be eligible to request for a lower spread profile. Additionally, you can take greater advantage of all the Markets.com tools, including premium analysis reports and the opportunity to request instruments to be added to the platform. What’s more, every pro trader gets their own personal account manager, on call whenever you need them.
Protections you waive as a Pro Trader
There are several regulatory requirements in place to protect retail traders. When you switch to a Professional Trader account, you waive those protections and therefore take on more risks.
Take careful note of the protections that do not apply to professional traders:
- Restrictions on CFDs: Following ESMA’s product intervention measures lapse, national regulators in Europe have issued their own national product intervention measures imposing certain leverage restrictions on CFDs, prohibition of trading incentives, margin close out at an account level at 50% etc. By electing to become a professional client any such protections will not be applicable for you and we won’t be required to impose these measures on your account and trading.
- Disclosures: you will be given fewer information disclosures with regard to Safecap, its services, products and financial instruments such as Contracts for Difference (“CFDs”) (for example on costs, commissions, fees and charges, information on risks associated with CFDs or any other articular product). Also, we might use more sophisticated language when communicating with our professional clients rather than the simple and clear language we are obliged to use with our retail clients.
- Order Execution: You will still be entitled to receive Best Execution under regulatory requirements. However:
- we are not required to prioritise the overall price and costs of the transaction as being the most important factor in achieving Best Execution for you;
- we do not need to inform you of material difficulties relevant to the proper carrying out of your order(s) promptly;
- should we provide you with periodic statements, we are not required to provide them as frequently or as detailed as for Retail Clients.
- Safeguarding of funds: As a professional client, we will continue to keep your funds segregated in the same way as before, however, we are not required to notify you of whether interest is payable on it.
- Investor Compensation Fund: you will not be entitled to compensation under the Investor Compensation Fund for clients of Cypriot Investment Firms, as available for Retail Clients.