Expiration of a CFD on the MetaTrader platform
On the MetaTrader platform, each CFD instrument has an expiration date.
CFD positions are not tradable beyond the contract expiry date and do not roll over.
- Clients will be able to close their CFD positions until this expiration date.
- Approximately 3-5 days before expiring, a new CFD based on the next future contract will begin trading and become available to open new positions.
- During this period, no new positions can be opened in the expiring CFD contract.
- Positions not closed by clients by this expiration date will be closed automatically by Markets.com Dealing Desk at the last available price.
The Expiration Dates of contracts depend on the instrument you are trading. Upcoming CFD Expiration Dates are as follows:
* Please note that the expiring CFDs (MSCITaiwan, India50, HongKong45) will be rolled over to a new contract with a different price, according to the schedule in this page, on all platforms. The difference in price between the expiring CFD and the new CFD will be debited/credited to your account for any open position(s) that you hold. Your equity will not be affected at all. Any existing order(s) (stop, limit, entry stop and entry limit) that are triggered by the opening of the new contract will be executed at the new market price.